Monday, March 23, 2009

new week, new challenges


Thanks to everyone that voted in my last poll, and to those who left comments. As with all my polls, I don't leave a lot of options because I'm looking for certain respondents. For example, in my new poll I'm interested in those that have made a conscious effort to cut back on their household budgets, and what they might have done so far.

Today I'm waiting for Bill to come pick me up in the company truck because he had to take my truck this morning. Apparently, his is out of fuel and we forgot to fill it before we spent the last of our available cash on groceries. This is what I hate about living on one paycheque - scrambling to get by. I've taken as many shifts as I can at the clothing store, and this week I'm doing a prospecting blitz to make some insurance sales. I'll need them to fund my last month at the office, on top of filling up my freezer, which has emptied out completely in the last week.

At any rate, Bill should be here soon so I should hurry and get dressed. Have a good Monday!

9 comments:

  1. one option you forgot in the poll: "none of the above" or "the recession hasn't affected me... yet" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up my expensive restaurant habit, going out to dinner a LOT less than I was before. I had a hard time figuring out where that would fit best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Dorrie said. Our income has not changed :-)
    I don't smoke and my computer and my wife are entertainment enough. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. side note: in my conscious effort to spend less- I don't buy as many groceries AND I try to make sure I use everything I buy. I don't like throwing out half used bags of stale, outdated or rotted food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't eat out anymore. We also try to buy used when we can (baby toys, kitchen table, etc). We share a car, and we buy bulk when stuff is on sale. We are still finding that we spend far too much on groceries. It's a constant battle to try to save.

    ReplyDelete
  6. stressful times.

    You just do the best you can.

    I have been a survivor before and I'm not above pinching every nickle I have to my name.

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  7. We currently saving to go to Oz as well as weathering the current economic climate, so we are just trying to spend more times outside doing things that are free at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have cut back but not due to the recession I restarted my life again last year so I had to refurnish a house and decorate it from scratch
    I set myself really touch challenges

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've a couple of times in my life where the money is counted only in coins. If nothing else it teaches you to be more careful when you do have and make sure it is used wisely.

    ReplyDelete