Sunday, March 29, 2009

danny, my heart is yours


Bill was telling me about a radio program he was listening to on the way home from work last night. It was regarding cellular memory of organ transplant and their recipients, and some of their experiences.

University of Arizona scientists and co-authors of The Living Energy Universe, Gary Schwartz, PhD, and Linda Russek, PhD, propose the universal living memory hypothesis in which they believe that "all systems stored energy dynamically . . . and this information continued as a living, evolving system after the physical structure had deconstructed." Schwartz and Russek believe this may explain how the information and energy from the donor's tissue can be present, consciously or unconsciously, in the recipient.


Here's one of the stories:

"In one case, an 18-year-old boy who wrote poetry, played music and composed songs, was killed in an automobile accident. A year after he died his parents came across an audiotape of a song he had written, entitled, "Danny, My Heart is Yours," which was about how he "felt he was destined to die and give his heart to someone." The donor recipient "Danny" of his heart, was an 18-year-old girl, named Danielle. When she met the donor's parents, they played some of his music and she, despite never having heard the song, was able to complete the phrases."

Fascinating! You can read more here.

18 comments:

  1. Sorry Kate, I'll pass on this one. I'm not up for a man-cry today. Too many other emotions going on inside me today.

    Sounds like a wonderful story though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freaky, the hair on my arms is standing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine too! Wow, I never thought of it before but now it seems completely plausible, and could be quite unnerving. Something to consider before a transplant, as if there wouldn't be enough to worry about...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe being an organ donor has more to it than just helping someone out, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kate, that's beautiful but at the same time kind of scary. This one turned out good but what about the bad ones? Oh dear, I have enough to worry about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive heard of this before and it STILL gives me goosebumps. I think it's one of the coolest phenomenons ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The body is amazing. I love these kinds of stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray, I just finally filled out my organ donor card application a few days ago. As if there were any of my organs that worked well enough someone would want them. New host body, here I come!

    I don't know about you, but I eat chicken hearts to gain the courage of the chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There was a recent movie made about this phenomenon. I think it was with Jessica Alba, but I can't remember the name. The Eye maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bill and I are both donors. I find these stories so fascinating. Thanks everybody!

    (noc - chicken hearts?!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kate I have no idea how closed in my life was until I discovered blogging and so pleased that I was able to catch up with you. I know we have a couple of things in common - -but more uncommon. I look forward if not every day as much as possible to what you have discovered or musing about.

    Thank you so much for enriching my life and this was but one fabulous sample of all the wonderful items you share with your blogfans.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty cool post Kate. I'm not sure what to believe but the gift of life is a wonderful thing in this case.

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  13. it must be true. i read a story about a man who didn't like beer and chips. after having a heart transplant, he started craving for them. the heart given to him belonged to a young man who died in a motorcycle accident. he loved beer and chips.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is amazing and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness . . . I had heard about this, but never this particular story. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, if you eat the heart of an enemy you will gain his courage. Just like if you eat someone's brain you'll gain his wisdom. All chickens are my enemies (look at them, they're ridiculous, they can't even fly) so I devour their hearts on skewers and gain the courage of ten chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kari - I agree

    Jessica - I hadn't really thought about it any depth before Bill mentioned it.

    Noc - I could eat chicken every day. (they do look ridiculous, LOL)

    ReplyDelete