Saturday, March 28, 2009

more opportunity


I spent the week nursing my wounds at home, but by this afternoon I was ready to start over again. I'm actually at my best when I'm networking, so as I drove back into town I started planning on where to start.

In the past I've always liked starting where I'm appreciated, so I headed over to the clothing store where I work weekends. Although the manager seemed genuinely disappointed for me over the H&M thing, she offered me an assistant's position if I'm still available a few months from now. Then she referred me to the district sales manager from another division, who's looking for a store manager for their upscale unisex store. I left her a voicemail at two-thirty, by three I got a call from her assistant for an interview Tuesday night.

Let's hope that this one goes better for me.

Right now I'm waiting for Bill to wake up so that I can spend some time with him before he hits the road at two a.m. He's going to Fox Creek again, to move an enviro-birm system from one rig location to another, and has to be on site at seven. Today was exceptionally warm, enough to melt the snow and make all the roads wet, but then it SNOWED about two inches, making me worry all night about his upcoming drive. **sigh** Hopefully his guardian angel will look out for him tonight.

9 comments:

  1. :)

    I am sure everything will turn out well. Things always fall into places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing the right thing knocking on all the doors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a five month period, I got up at midnight and drove about 150 km once a week in a truck with next to no heat, in several snowstorms just so I could load up, turn around, come back and then work an eight hour day. I will quit my job before ever doing something like that again. I hate driving at night in snow.

    Sorry about the rant :-) Good luck with the job leads, Kate. Have a beautiful Saturday. Looking for 11C and sun here today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this colorful T-shirt photo. Good luck on your Tuesday interview! Sounds like you are a real go-getter! I used to be like that before I retired, only way to get places in this world of competivness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you. It's the only way to live - move on! You'll find something much better and suited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds positive and hopeful...that's a nice way to feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One door closes and another always opens! Seems like you are not afraid to go out there and make things happen for yourself. It's only a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Kate, that picture sorta looks like my real-life closet. Just insert Polo and Rugby shirts in there and it would be a match! lol

    Good luck with the new interview!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. im sure things will work out just fine with you,always be optimistic

    ReplyDelete