Tuesday, March 17, 2009

my irishman


This picture of Bill was taken while we were driving out to the west coast to get married. I like it for several reasons. He still has the goatee, and I love whiskers (he had to shave it off for the oilfield job but now has a mustache) you can see just how insanely long his eyelashes are, and you can see the shape of his Irish Potato Head, lol.

You know, one of the most intimate things we do started when we first began dating. If I am laying on a couch or a bed he'll crawl up the length of my body and lay his head on my breasts to listen to my heart beat. I always run the palms of my hands over the back of his head, his hair is always so short and soft. When he was overseas I missed that so much - even today when I feel the back of his head, it makes me remember the longing. *sigh* He always tells his mom that his head is that way because she left him laying in his crib too long, just to get a rise out of her, lol.

What's so cute about it is that they're from an area of Newfoundland called The Irish Loop, and they both have Newfoundland accents with a heavy Irish brogue.

Damn, I miss him. I haven't seen him since Sunday night and he might not make it home tonight because they're moving equipment from one oilrig site to another, and the engineer is behind schedule. I guess it's good to miss each other from time to time.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

- an old Irish Blessing

19 comments:

  1. I remain so happy for you and Bill. I am so glad that you found one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks lovely Kate. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A man with a goatee is a sign of high intelligence, is very handsome and great with the women...have I mentioned I have a goatee as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you have him, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that Irish saying would be a nice wedding toast.

    Irish Potato Head??? lol never heard of that one b-4.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get the missing your man thing. I can't sleep unless I have pillows lined up on the bed beside me, so it at least sort of feels like my man is still there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's a handsome devil to be sure! The life of an oil field worker is rough. I grew up in Utah where EVERYONE works the rigs. I hope you get to see him soon sweetie, sadness doesn't suit you ;)

    ~Bree

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like absence is making the heart grow even fonder! Nice entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you 2 are so happy. :)

    Lovely blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Irish, and a good thing too. Since I've been married too one for all these years. LOL
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so awesome that the two of you have such a connection! I hope you always have that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bill go bragh!

    I love using that bragh word...every year. I have to put it away tomorrow...too bad.

    Glad you are Irishly happy dear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soft, sweet photo...I always enjoy being a passenger when Mike was driving and looking at him when he wasn't really aware of my gaze, reaching over and putting my hand on his thigh and visaversa...glad you have the love, and share it with us, too

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is good to miss one another - but not for too long! I like the blessing

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you found happiness again too. Bill sounds like one special fella. Love that blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks everyone!
    Mr Stu - great with the women, eh?
    Hope you all had a nice St Paddy's Day

    ReplyDelete