Sunday, March 15, 2009

got the munchies?


I want to get some mini-muffin tins like these. I started out searching for lunch ideas and ended up reading recipes for Reece's Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, lol.

Basically you buy your favourite kind of ready made cookie dough, spray your pans with non-stick cooking spray, then line the pans with a thick layer of the cookie dough. Bake for a few minutes, push an unwrapped peanut butter cup into the centre and bake for another minute or so.

They sound delicious and very fattening, so I wouldn't make these very often!
On the other hand, I would probably use the tins a lot for every day fare. If it weren't for the laundry and the fact that I am saving money this week, I'd go out and buy one today.

11 comments:

  1. Ok, that sounds absolutely yummy...I am already at a point of buying the next size up pants, since exercising doesn't seem to be happenin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make those a couple of times a year. They are a hit with everyone.
    I could not live without my mini muffin pans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmm! yummy!!!! my signioficant other is taking another run at the tiromisu again today. i gave her 3 substitutions to try. vanilla extract instead of the dark run, cool whip and chocolate pudding too. gotta taste better then the last s*** she made. but i love peanut buttar above and beyond!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite kind of sweet in the whole world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little tin reminds me of my favorite cookie as a child, introduced to me by my Dutch neighbors. They're called Sandtarts - I'll have to do a post on them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am trying not to smoke (26 hours so far) but I'm afraid I'm going to eat everything in the apartment. This post isn't helping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Kate you gotta get that pan!! I put a chunk of peanut butter cookie dough in and bake.. then I press in a hershey kiss! YUMMY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ymmmm I might have to bake....now

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reece peanut butter cups don't last very long in our house. If they are in the cupboard, I think about them non-stop until they're gone. No discipline when it comes to sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's pretty much inspiring me to skip the corned beef n cabbage and go baking instead! XP

    ReplyDelete