Thursday, May 7, 2009

busy afternoon ahead


The picture is a conjoined strawberry that Jamie found while she was cutting up fruit. Both kids have asked me why I haven't blogged about it, so here it is.

I love this time of year! The trees are budding, the grass is growing, and the fruit it better than it has been in six months.

Yesterday I got half my office fit into my desk at home and have a few things to finish today, inluding getting my printer hooked up at home. I know I'll regret it, because at the start it'll only be important papers that need printing, but then it'll be everything. Jamie has a printer downstairs, but she broke the screen to her Macbook and it's been out of commission for a year.

Today I have to organize the rest of the papers from my office, and then I have to find some gift wrap for Em's birthday presents.

The rest of the weekend is packed! There's Em's birthday tomorrow, and part of her gift is a trip to the salon. Jamie and Kyle are taking her to the Star Trek movie after that, then she's having a sleepover in another city the next day. I'll be working at the store Saturday, going to see Star Trek with Bill afterward (I won a gift card for that at work) then visiting Sensei on Sunday, who is here from Winnipeg. On Monday, I'm going to see my Mom for Mother's Day.

I have to make some coffee, so I hope you all have a nice Thursday.

16 comments:

  1. Star Wars I thought it would be Star trek this weekend. I take it you get no 'ME' time this weekend them....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Em has a nice birthday! Sounds like a busy weekend for all of you. Cool strawberry. Enjoy your Thursday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! You're right mr-stu. Changing it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother used to grow strawberries where we last lived. One year my parents went on holiday just as they were ripe and had to be picked – my grandmother and I ate nothing else for about two weeks. I’ve not been able to look a strawberry in the face again since then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My younger son's Birthday is next week. Hope Em has a really happy Birthday.
    roz

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one big, ginormise strawberry. Wow! Have a great weekend, Kate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna eat that strwberry right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Better a "ginormous strawberry" than, oh, I don't know: having really big conjoined elbows???

    {My weekend is utterly booked too. What is it about this second weekend in May??? So much excitement for SPRING I suppose.}

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmm that strawberry would be a meal fort me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to Em,and I hope you get some Mother's Day rest. Have a great weekend, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the photo...time to photograph suggestive strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great weekend. The strawberries here have been fantastic. Marcel and I ate about three cups of them yesterday for dessert. They were sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ::raises strawberry and toasts to the weekend::

    ReplyDelete
  14. kate, do you believe or have personally experienced ADCs? just something i'd written in my latest post and i just wonder what you think of this?

    hugs-
    Silver

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy birthday wishs to Em.Have a great weekend & a happy Mother"s day

    ReplyDelete