Saturday, May 16, 2009

awesome day


D.J. and Emily, Calgary Tower


Bill and I are watching SNL and nursing a bit of a sunburn with Margaritas, although he has stepped out to light a cigar and I came here to post a pic. Just a few moments ago he was saying that days like this are a day of dreams.

Em and a good friend of hers got to play at an amusement park for a few hours, and after that we went to the Calgary Tower so that they could play on the glass floor. In the picture, they're 525 feet up, and lying directly over the Marriot Hotel!

Now they're in bed with lights out. They watched a scary movie, ate hot dogs and chips, and hopefully they'll pass out. Jamie just arrived home as well - she went to Calgary with her boyfriend.

The best feeling is at the end of a day like today. Nice weather, lots of fun and no drama, good parking spots and excellent french fries. And great coupons, lol. Beautiful evening.

11 comments:

  1. Glad it all went so well for ou all. Maggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've caught vertigo from looking at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome day. Sounds like fun. It poured with rain here all day just like it has for about 3 weeks now - I am so over the rain!! Autumn is usually fairly dry here but not this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you had a good one too. I would have lost it on that tower, balance issues and that sort of thing. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo. I tried to read your post but the photo kept drawing me back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a picture perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what I call a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a really cool photo, Kate. Im glad the girls were hams enough to pose for it.

    Some day I will get back to Toronto and take a shot like that from 1,122 feet, neener neener :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool shot! Have they always had the glass floor? I was there years ago but don't remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like it was a great day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Burst!
    Joan, I think it may be something new, in the last five years. I don't remember it being there before.
    Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete