Tuesday, June 2, 2009

tuesday in june


Kate with brother Steven, 1967


I've been tagged a few times recently, this one is from Lou.

1) What is your current obsession?

Six Feet Under. Jamie and I just finished the Season Finale last night, but I can't get the characters out of my mind.

2) What are you wearing today?

Right at this moment? A towel and a pair of blue slippers. The laminate floor is freezing today! In a bit, I'll have on a black pencil skirt and a paisely tank top and heels.

3) What's for dinner?

Some kind of chicken.

4) What would you eat for your last meal?

Filet Mignon, garlic mashed potatoes, caesar salad and four-layer chocolate cake.

5) What's the last thing you bought?

A brown tank top with embroidery along the bottom.

6) What are you listening to right now?

I'm listening to Lola, rooting around the living room and finding a place to lay down.

7) What do you think of the person who tagged you?

She's awesome! I'm so glad she enjoys blogging. She's very kind hearted!

8) If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?

Greece.

9) If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?

To the place in Greece.

10) Which language do you want to learn?

Greek, of course.

11) What's your favourite quote (for now)?


"All you need is love."
-John Lennon

12) What is your favourite colour?

Shades of Blue

13) What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?

Too many! I love jackets and pencil skirts and tank tops with empire waists and high heeled shoes and flip flops and bermuda shorts.

14) What is your dream job?

To stay at home with my family.

15) What's your favourite magazine?

Right now, it's a magazine geared toward women over forty, called More.

16) If you had £100 now, what would you spend it on?

$178.99 Cdn. Anything?! A new leather bag.

17) What are you going to do after this?

Get dressed, register Em for summer camp, work for a few hours.

18) What are your favourite films?

Reign Over Me, The Shawshank Redemption, Dirty Dancing, Fight Club, The Color Purple, Transformers

19) What's your favourite fruit?

Strawberries, green seedless grapes

20) What inspires you?

People who are tenacious, kind hearted and giving.

21) Your favourite books?

This Perfect Day, by Ira Levin, and The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold.

22) Do you collect anything?

Nothing right now. Do shoes count?

23) What are you currently reading?

Nothing right now. I finished a novel before starting the Six Feet Under marathon.

24) Go to your book shelf and take down the first book with a red spine you see, turn to page 26 and type out the first line:

No red spines - except for Em's books (a Series of Unfortunate Events)

25) By what criteria do you judge a person?

I've been known to judge a person based on how they're dressed. I used to feel guilty about it, except that I have noticed that how a person presents themselves is usually a true picture of who they're trying to be. I'm not talking about people who can't afford it, but rather those that say they don't care what other people think.

I also judge a person based on how they treat others.

I try not to say these things, except maybe to Bill, because I'm trying not to become a gossip.

note: I haven't played by the rules, nor have I tagged anyone. Play along if you like! Happy Tuesday.

6 comments:

  1. "rooting around the living room "

    Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers! I would love to visit Greece someday. Must be overwhelmingly serene and beautiful. You can't go wrong with that Lennon quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, very interesting. I think I will play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thank you kind Kate. I think you're lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww that is a cute pic.Miss you! Have you seen The Curious Case of Benjamin Button? I loved that movie.

    ReplyDelete