Thursday, June 11, 2009

thursday's events

First, Bill put up this gazebo on our deck.
Originally, I bought it five years ago, right around the time I bought the house. The trouble was, the gazebo is 10' X 10' and the deck is 12' X 10', so the rails needed to come down. Lately the need for more living space (and privacy) have over-ridden the tendency to forget about it.


This is the cute little BBQ we bought with our first tax refund. The other was an old $100 model that had been blown over during a storm. I love this new BBQ, even though it was a lower proced model as well. We're going to make sure this one is battened down.



Over the next few days we have to add a staircase, leading down the left hand side, as well as different rails, to keep people from falling off. So far, we've warned Jamie that any friends of hers that come, might need to sign a waiver for us before stepping through that door that leads to the deck, lol.

12 comments:

  1. There's nothing like sitting outside shooting the breeze with the loved ones....Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah..the call for more space and privacy. i know that one, Kate.

    and that BBQ thing is.. gosh. like from outer space! So space age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, that looks like a real fine place for a BBQ and cool drink. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to come over and enjoy it with you! I love the pretty ironwork and a bbq sounds yummy...I'm doing Asian Ribs here tonight and will have a Hurricane and toast your new Gazebo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do they make those gazebos in a 4 X 6 size? Never mind...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doug - yes! It's called a grill cover and would fit on a balcony. We saw one at Wal-mart for $200 and I wanted it to get privacy, but Bill promised he'd put this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always feel like I could use more space too and my family only consists of Doug, me, and all the pets. Meanwhile - I keep taking up new hobbies and need places to stick the "stuff."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I giggled reading about the waiver..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should make all visitors sign a waiver against damages claims, the moment they enter the property. You know it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a nice space out there. We have to add some stairs or at least another one to our deck. Love the new grill.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely backyard space. I try to enjoy the yard as much as possible before dreaded winter hits again :(

    ReplyDelete