Friday, December 11, 2009
I know, I know. I am almost forty-five and Shia LaBeouf is what, twenty-three? Still, he's a hottie.
I'm playing hookie from work right now. Not a full day's worth but definitely for the next hour. Bill started a great new job yesterday, meaning that I was supposed to catch the 12 o'clock bus just down the street so that I could be on the selling floor by 12:30. The house is so quiet that I decided to call in so that I can finish my coffee in peace!
Here's an update on what's going on:
- Bill's new position is delivering oxygen to different areas around Central Alberta. It pays well and he'll get an excellent benefit package, including dental, life insurance and disability insurance.
- Jamie just finished three days training for her new job at the payday loan place and is also enjoying her Body shop job. She hopes to buy her own car in the next few months.
- Em got Honours for her first semester of grade seven. She still has her paper route and she's babysitting for a new family and excited about making $60 this Saturday.
- I am working 40 hours/week at the big box store and every second weekend at the clothing store. I went to the college day before yesterday and applied for upgrading math and starting a management program in January, which can be laddered into the Business Administration program next September. It's kind of exciting and scary at the same time! I'm not sure what will happen with work, depending on how much funding I'm entitled to.
- I took the bus yesterday for the first time in five years. It had been fifteen years before that! I am looking forward to getting a car again, on my next payday.
- Christmas shopping isn't finished yet. I think that I will spend my entire widow's pension on it, now that I know that Bill will have a paycheque soon. After that, we're going to do some major saving so it's a good thing we've learned to live frugally!