Sunday, August 9, 2009

wedding anniversary


photo by J. Chanders


Today is my second wedding anniversary!

I've been sitting here near the deck, listening to all the birds chirping and thinking back to this day two years ago when Bill and I were saying our vows. We stood on a dock in the middle of Bear Lake, and as we repeated the Commissionaire's words, two eagles soared over top. I'm a city girl at heart, but it was pretty romantic.

More than just having a companion to share the burdens in life, Bill gave me a much bigger gift - a family unit that protects each other. I longed for a relationship that my daughter could admire, instead of one that would breed fear and resentment. I hoped that I could set an example for her, that she could see that rebuilding a life was possible.

And it really is.

We have a few problems, but nothing compared to before! For the most part, my days are filled with laughter and kisses and I never really know what'll happen next, and I'm really enjoying it.

Happy Sunday!

18 comments:

  1. Congrats Kate on your 2nd wedding anniversary. You've got yourself a keeper there by ther sounds :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many happy thoughts on your second anniversary. Sounds like you made a good choice and your life is reaping the rewards of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You appear to be a very happy woman. Congrats, it's a rare thing you have here. Very happy for you, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Kate. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is to many many many more years of laughter and kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Kate – I hope that things continue to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! It's nice to hear you're so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, your heart deserves the bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you guys are happy! Enjoy your anniversary and many, many more:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary to you. I hope you have many years ahead filled with joy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A little late but Happy Belated Anniversary :D I wish you many more of these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations and that was a beautiful post. I hope you all have many, many more years of wedded bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is so awesome! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! You are very fortunate. Keep enjoying and taking care of each other.

    ReplyDelete