Sunday, January 16, 2011

good news


photo by Cindy Kassab


My work contract ended yesterday and my company extended it for another six months. It's been pretty frustrating, so it came as a HUGE surprise that they wanted to raise my hourly rate by $3.60.

BIGGEST raise I've ever received, and takes a bit of the sting out of the way that they've been handling my whole situation. Now I'm only $0.90 behind Bill, which has him chomping at the bit to get his air brakes course, which raises his rate by a couple dollars.

The snow has been driving us all crazy again this year, and my front lawn is completely covered by 18" - 24" drifts. Yesterday when I let Lola out the back door, she couldn't get down the stairs or across the lawn, so I had to shovel. First the deck, then the stairs, then a trail to the fence where our trash pick up box is, then another trail in a circle so that she could get her business done. It's hilarious watching her as she tries to maneauver through it all, lol.

Our family has been talking about music a lot lately, and we were just saying how Em's generation is the worst one since ours (in the 80's) where the music is disappointing as a whole; major synthesizers, lots of computer generated crap and lots of covers. To be honest, I don't listen to a lot of teen dance stuff anyway, but if someone like Jamie can't handle the new stuff, there must be something to it. Both she and Bill are on iTunes and Youtube every single day.

Happy Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. I love snow in Texas because I know it will all melt in a day or two and there is no need to shovel it. I don't think I've ever seen 2 feet of snow at one time, and I'd like to keep it that way. :)

    CONGRATS on the BIG raise and contract extension!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the raise and extension!

    Like in your last entry, our snow, and we had unusual amounts this year, completely melted last week, causing lots of flooding in many areas and still is. This week it's supposed to get cold again. We shall see... they don't seem to be able to predict this stuff well anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear about your job news. That's great! Also glad that I'm not out shoveling. Spring's just around the corner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thrilled and delighted they extended your contract and gave you a much deserved and well earned raise. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big sighs of relief, happiness and a nice way to soften the rough spots of the last year!

    ReplyDelete