Monday, December 6, 2010

monday



I'm not sure where I found the painting, so I apologize in advance for not knowing the artist. It's so pretty, I must have used it as a wallpaper at one time or another.

Anyway, things have been going very well these last few days. I got hooked on a Showtime show called The United States of Tara. I watched both seasons online and can't wait until the show returns in 2011. I love the quirky, intense characters and unusal storylines.

My parents gifted us with a 1/4 of beef!
For those who may not know, that is 250 lbs of ground beef, roasts, ribs, steaks (including the tenderloin) and stew meat. It almost completely filled our 7 cubic foot freezer. What an awesome gift, I just couldn't thank them enough.

Rogue is adapting well. She's eight weeks old but still only two pounds! She's been treated for all the fleas and other nasty disorders (including an eye problem and intestinal problem) and totally accepts us as her clan, poor kitty.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad things are going well Kate. I must say, I adore that painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome gift--the beef! We used to have cows but time changes as does family members health so its not so easy to manage now. I like that picture above!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That painting is awesome! And I'm usually a pretty tough critic.

    Glad to hear you're a fellow carnivore. That much beef fall in my lap and I'd consider it a good last few days, too. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift!

    I, too, love the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Scott, I'm most excited about the steaks, lol!
    Thanks for visiting:)

    ReplyDelete